Preserve, sustain, enhance and promote heroic viticulture
The CERVIM is an international Organization created in 1987 under the auspices of 'OIV, the Office International de la Vigne et du Vin, today Organization Internationale de la Vigne et du Vin.
At the Center regions and join regional organizations, national and foreign, by the union for the use and protection of mountain viticulture.
The center, governed by the law of the Autonomous Region of Valle d'Aosta No 17, 18 August 2004, is based in Valle d'Aosta and operates always promoting studies, research and conferences and ensuring its presence in all institutions and industry where you face problems related to viticulture, becoming the guarantor of the interests of The Mountain Viticoltura and steep.Characteristics of vineyards representedThe cultivation of the vine in mountain areas, steep slopes or in small islands presents unique characteristicsThe features that share the areas associated with CERVIM and which is based on the recognition of "heroic vineyards" are as follows:
- orographic conditions that create impediments to mechanization ù
- from small vineyards, not always contiguous and in many cases the presence of terraces
- farms from operating space contained
- prevalence of entrepreneurship is not a principal need for major economic investment in the event of a reformulation of modern viticulture
- climatic conditions not always optimal (eg water needs)
- differentiated type of grapes, wine production with outside world models (niche products)
- vineyards, geographically highly valued landscapes and tourist.
The CERVIM pursues its mission by proposing solutions for the protection of land, to reduce production costs and enhance the quality of wine products, undertaking scientific research, through experience tested and discussed in national and international levels.
The activities undertaken by CERVIM intend to pursue the following objectives:
- preserve, sustain, enhance and promote mountain viticulture and / or relief in difficult conditions (steep slopes and terraces), threatened by abandonment because of the characteristics of the territory and the high cost of production;
- maintain relations with institutions, both public and private, which in any way concerned with protection and enhancement of the wine sector, including through the conclusion of agreements and conventions;
- promote technical, scientific, cultural and promotions related to the mountain viticulture, including the organization of traveling on mountain wines;
- promote a wine-growing areas in the mountainous presence, environmental conservation, landscape protection and maintenance of a social and cultural constituent prerequisite for the activation of rural development processes;
- promoting solutions to the protection of mountain areas, reducing production costs and processing of the grapes;
- enhance the quality of wines mountain, developing research, technological innovation and dissemination of knowledge;
- act as coordinating body of mountain viticulture bodies and institutions operating at regional, national and international;
- manage, by involving other public or private sales promotions including economic and commercial nature, aimed at pursuing the goals associations.